The Reh-Fit Foundation was created in 1999 to raise and steward funds in support of the Reh-Fit Centre by inspiring others to support the mission of the Centre in enhancing the health and well-being of our community. Exercise plays a significant role in preventing diseases and improving chronic conditions, enhancing brain function, and contributing to greater independence as we age. The Reh-Fit hosts a variety of events annually to help raise funds for the Centre, and we hold an Annual Giving Campaign each fall.
A gift to the Reh-Fit Foundation provides:
- Rehabilitation – offering state-of-the-art medical and exercise equipment for the safest, most effective exercise to help people get better every day.
- Prevention – providing leading-edge health and fitness programs at the Centre to help people prevent and manage chronic disease and live a healthier life.
- Accessibility – making memberships and programs accessible to the broader community.
- Research and Education – hosting research studies to advance health and wellness in our community, providing education for the growing number of people in the community who are challenged with health concerns, and hosting student placements from academic institutions to help students gain practical experience in their field of study.
Our registered charitable number is 87046 0540 RR0001.
Making a Gift
You can make your gift using the method of your choice:
- Donate Online: To donate online, please use our secure gift form.
- Download and Complete a Reh-Fit Gift Form (PDF): Print the Reh-Fit Gift Form and mail a Reh-Fit Gift Form to Reh-Fit Foundation, 1390 Taylor Ave., Winnipeg, MB., R3M 3V8, fax it to 204-488-4819, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Person: at the Reh-Fit Centre.
- Call the Foundation Office: at 204-488-9325.
As a not-for-profit charitable organization, all gifts, irrespective of the size, have a significant impact on our ability to provide affordable programs and services. Annual donations ensure that the funding is available for continually improving programs, services, and our facility.
Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20 or more.
Ways to Give
- Monthly Donations: Monthly donations often make it easier for donations to be more generous. It also provides a reliable source of funding for the Reh-Fit.
- Tribute Gifts: A donation is a thoughtful way to honour friends and family by supporting a cause that is meaningful to them.
- Dedicated To: Give a gift in honour of a friend or family member who is celebrating a milestone achievement.
- In Memory Of: Give a gift as a tribute to the memory of a loved one, friend or colleague.
- Securities and Publicly Traded Stocks: The Canada Revenue Agency does not apply capital gains tax on donations of publicly traded securities.
- Matched Donations: Through a “Matching Gifts Program” – Check with your Human Resources Department to see if your company offers this program. If so, they will match your donation to us as a current employee or retiree.
- Deferred Gifts: If you are considering leaving a bequest to the Reh-Fit in your will, we would appreciate hearing from you. The Reh-Fit Foundation Legacy Society provides an opportunity for us to acknowledge donors who make a commitment for a deferred gift. The Legacy Society helps us let others know about the impact of community support and how very important it is.
- Life Insurance: The Reh-Fit Foundation is named as the beneficiary of a current policy or with a new policy that is purchased with the Reh-Fit Foundation named as owner and beneficiary.
- Cash: Or, what is called “near cash” – The source of funds may be from, for example, a GIC, a government bond, or proceeds from an RRSP or RRIF.
- Sponsorship: Please contact the Foundation Office for more information about our sponsorship opportunities.
If you would like to discuss any of these options, or if you have already made provisions for the Reh-Fit in your will and would like to talk to us about it, please contact the Foundation Office, at 204-488-9325. All information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
Click here to view Reh-Fit Foundation’s T3010 information on the CRA website.