- Imagine Canada Standards: In spring 2013, the Reh-Fit Centre achieved Imagine Canada Standards certifying that the Centre has demonstrated excellence in five key areas: financial accountability & transparency, fundraising, staff management, board governance, and volunteer involvement.
- 2012 Medical Fitness Association Facility of the Year: In November 2012, The Reh-Fit Centre was selected as the “2012 Facility of the Year” by the Medical Fitness Association (MFA). This international award is presented annually to a medical fitness facility that clearly serves as a benchmark for the industry, and whose results others can emulate. Michael Richmond, Chairman of the MFA, says that the Reh-Fit Centre was chosen because it is an exceptional facility. “The Reh-Fit contributes significantly and consistently to the advancement of the medical fitness industry through its more than 300 programs and services.”
- Recreation Connections Manitoba Award of Merit: In February 2013, the Reh-Fit Centre received an Award of Merit for Recreation Connections Manitoba. The award recognizes the innovative programming, community participation, and service excellence in a state-of-the-art facility designed to enhance the quality of life of Manitobans.
- Certified Medical Fitness Facility: In May 2012, the Medical Fitness Association recognized the Reh-Fit Centre as Canada’s first and only certified medical fitness facility. Certification is a seal of approval that a facility has met the highest standards of quality and service and offers a safe and effective health and wellness experience.
- Heart & Stroke Award: In 2012, the Reh-Fit Centre won the The Heart & Stroke ‘Big Heart Award’. This award is to thank people who have made the attempt to save lives and who took the time to be trained in CPR.
- Canadian Safety Standards: The Reh-Fit is certified with Safety Matters!, a recognition program which verifies that we meet the Canadian Fitness Safety Standards.
- Regional Winner of the Speaking of Food and Healthy Living Award: The Dietitians of Canada and Kraft Canada presented this award to our Healthier Weight program in 2011.
- BOMA BESt: Received in 2011, BOMA BESt certification recognizes our efforts to go green by applying measures that save money and the environment while adding facility comfort.
- Certificate of Recognition: In 2007, the Reh-Fit Centre received a certificate of recognition from the Manitoba Council of Aging for its outstanding contributions toward seniors.
- Smart Award for Health and Wellness: In 2006 the Centre received a Smart Award for its $12-million expansion and renovation, which gave the City a state-of-the-art facility and enhanced the Reh-Fit’s ability to deliver on its commitment to support the well-being of the citizens of Manitoba.
- City of Winnipeg Accessibility Award: The Access Advisory Committee of the City of Winnipeg presented this award in 2006 to the Reh-Fit Centre in recognition of the effort and detail that went into the renovation and expansion of our facility, making it accessible and inclusive.
- The Physical Activity Coalition of Manitoba (PACM): PACM’s mission is to support increased physical activity among Manitobans through collaboration, promotion, and education. PACM is a coalition of organizations interested in facilitating an increase in physical activity among Manitobans of all ages.
- Exercise is MedicineCanada: Calling on physicians to assess and review every patient’s physical activity program at every visit.
- Heart Academy: International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences.
- IHRSA: The ‘International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association’ is the trade association serving the health and fitness club industry. IHRSA’s mission is to grow, protect and promote the health and fitness industry, and to provide its members with benefits that will help them be more successful.
- Medical Fitness Association: Provides industry standards, educational programs, benchmarks, outcome measurements, professional development and networking opportunities for the medical fitness industry.
- The Cardiac Sciences Program: The Cardiac Sciences Program was established in 2004 at the St. Boniface Hospital. The program integrates cardiac surgery, cardiology, cardiac anesthesia, cardiac intensive care and cardiac rehabilitation resources under one umbrella to improve the coordination and delivery of cardiac services to the people of Manitoba.