Restore Your Health Programs
From disease prevention to management programs, choose from a variety of programs to help you self-manage your condition. Financial assistance may be provided based on individual need and availability of funds. Please register early as instructors require time to assess individual participants and make program adjustments based on personal needs.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: If you have recurrent angina, arrhythmias, recently suffered a heart attack, or undergone heart surgery or coronary angioplasty, cardiac rehabilitation can help. These programs will help you to understand and reduce your risk factors for heart disease, provide you with the information to eat healthier, identify ways to reduce stress and anxiety related to rehabilitation, and help you to build a healthier lifestyle. Cardiac Rehabilitation information sessions are held weekly on Thursdays at 2:00 pm and every other Friday at 5:30 pm. Register for an information session by phoning 204-488-8023.
- Healthy Partners: If you are looking to participate in the Cardiac Rehabilitation program with your spouse/partner, join the Healthy Partners program.
- Healthier Way: Nutritional guidance, group workouts, and continuous support provide you with the positive reinforcement and accountability you need to make healthy behaviour changes for a lifetime.
- Improve Your Balance and Mobility: Falls Prevention: Did you know that 1 in 3 people over the age of 65 and living independently fall each year? This program is targeted toward those individuals looking to improve their balance and prevent falls.
- Lean, Kean, Kidney Machine: This physical activity and lifestyle awareness program offers exercise and education for people with all stages of chronic kidney disease. Meet once weekly for education and exercise session.
- Moving Forward After Cancer: Participants will learn ways to address common post treatment stressors and health concerns, as well as how to foster healthy eating and exercise lifestyles as they transition back to life beyond cancer. The Reh-Fit Centre is offering the Moving Forward After Cancer Wellness program in partnership with CancerCare Manitoba with the support of the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation. For more information and to register call CancerCare Manitoba Patient & Family Support Services at 204-787-2109.
- PACE: People with Arthritis Can Exercise: This low-impact class includes health and education, movement activities, range of motion, and strengthening exercises and can be delivered standing or sitting, whichever is more comfortable for you.
- Pathway to Fitness: Exercise for Stroke and Other Neurological Conditions: Improve your quality of life through an exercise program designed to work with the challenges of neurological conditions. You will receive an individualized assessment to track your improvements. You are able to bring a support person to assist you throughout the program. Those in wheelchairs must be able to transfer independently or they must be accompanied by a support person that can fully transfer. Click here to print out the referral form.
- Post-Op Knee Rehabilitation Program: This program will help you maximize your range of motion and regain strength through a combination of exercise and physiotherapy. Click here for more information about our Post-Op Knee Rehabilitation Program.
- Shoulder Rehab Program: Join our group shoulder rehab class. This small class is instructed by a physiotherapist who will take a maximum of 5 participants through a series of shoulder strengthening and range of motion exercises tailored to each participant’s unique needs.
- Stronger Hip and Knees: Are your daily activities are being limited by hip or knee pain, or are you scheduled for a hip/knee replacement, or have you undergone a total hip/knee replacement? This class will take participants through a series of strengthening exercises, specifically targeted at making your hip and knees stronger.