Health & Fitness Assessment
Our skilled team is here to help you achieve success! Whether you have been a member for a week, a month, or a year, we encourage you to take advantage of our annual health and fitness assessment. The health and fitness assessment is an opportunity for you to work with our team of certified professionals to establish baseline measurements, develop realistic goals, and recommend an activity program designed to meet your needs, as well as screen for health risks.
Our one-hour assessment provides you with a comprehensize look at your overall health status. The assessment includes:
- Aerobic Capacity – Measuring aeorbic capacity is important to see how efficiently your body can exchange oxygen to the muscles. Good cardiovascular fitness reduces the risk of heart disease, other hypokinetic conditions, and reduces the risk of early death. Low cardiovascular fitness is associated with greater disease risk and is independent of other risk factors.
- Balance – Living independently and maintaining your balance go hand-in-hand. one third of Canadians over the age of 65 experiences a fall, and the number one reason a senior is hospitalized is the result of a fall. Through monitoring we can provide exercises and information on how to maintain and improve balance.
- Blood Work – Blood work at the Reh-Fit includes checking your lipid profile, fasting blood sugar, and hemoglobin. Knowing your blodd test results will help guide you to make lifestyle changes to maintain optimal health.
- Flexibility – Fliexibility is needed to perform everyday activities with relative ease. Flexibility tends to deteriorate with age often due to a sedentary lifestyle. Being flexible significantly reduces the change of experience occaisional and chronic back pain. By measuring and identifying tight areas, we can recommend stretches that will help reduce or prevent ailments.
- Muscular Strength/Endurance – Measuring your upper and lower body strength/endurance can help identify weaknesses that can lead to imbalances and potential injury. Based on these findings, we can recommend exercises to help strengthen target areas.
To book an assessment, stop by the Reception Desk or call 204-488-8023.
- Included with membership
- Full assessmnet with 12-lead graded exercise test – $300
- Full assessment without 12-lead graded exercise test – $150
- 12-lead graded exercise test only – $200
Make the most of your membership and book your assessment today! It’s a great way to inspire and motivate you to continue on your journey to wellness and healthy living.
“It was like something I’d expect to get at the Mayo Clinic – didn’t realize it would be so comprehensive.”
– Jeanie Jordan
Executive Health and Lifestyle Assessment
Are you a CEO or other key executive with your company?
The executive Health and Lifestyle Assessment at the Reh-Fit consists of a series of tests and consultations that provide you with an awareness and understanding of the factors that have an impact on your health and how to control them. An Executive Health and Lifestyle Assessment is tailored to your personal needs and takes approximately 10 hours over 2 – 4 visits depending on the package you select.
Other tests, or consultation sessions, may be recommended depending on the results of your assessment. The assessment includes a cardiovascular assessment, body composition assessment, musculoskeletal evaluation, nutritional assessment, and an array of blood work including lipid profiles, complete urinalysis, thyroid screening, vitamin D and many more.
For more information please contact Janet Cranston, Director of Health & Fitness at 204-488-5855 or email email@example.com.