Have you ever wondered about the role of nutrition in general health and well-being at every stage of life?
Our registered dietitians have the answers. They can show you how to modify your diet to feel better, look better, and live longer. They review your food habits and lifestyle, work with you to develop a nutritional plan that fits your personal needs, and show you how to apply the plan. All registered dietitians hold a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree specializing in foods and nutrition, and all have completed an accredited internship. In every province, practicing dietitians are regulated, ensuring safe and ethical advice.
Counselling sessions with a registered dietitian are an insurable service in most extended health benefit plans.
This is a half-hour or one-hour session with one of our registered dietitians where you discuss your personal goals, review your food habits and lifestyle, and devise personalized strategies for healthier eating.
- Dietitians can show you how to balance your meals for energy and vitality, and get you on the right path to meeting your goals.
- Find out how you can make your nutrition plan work, with practical tips on cooking, shopping, and eating in restaurants.
- Are you on a specialized diet and having trouble figuring out how to get your eating habits in line with your doctor’s advice? A consultation session can help you develop your own comprehensive food management plan.
- Subsequent individual consultation sessions build on the results of earlier sessions, with in-depth looks at your plan, how well it is working, modifications for improvement, and techniques for applying it successfully.
- All Reh-Fit members receive the one-hour session of this individual nutrition service, once a year, as part of their membership.
Our group nutrition programs and seminars are available throughout the year. To find out more, stop by the Reception Desk or visit our web site at www.reh-fit.com for upcoming programs.
Here is a sampling of programs we’ve offered in the past:
- Need More Fibre in Your Diet?—Discover the potential for using dried beans, peas, and lentils in everyday meals.
- Cooking on a Shoestring—Healthy eating can be tasty and affordable. Watch as dishes are prepared, taste the results, and learn tips for shopping economically.
- Grocery Store Tours—90-minute tours with one of our registered dietitians. Learn to decipher the information supplied on food packaging, and identify ways to make wise food choices at the grocery store.
Consider one of our high energy, practical nutrition seminars for your group. Our registered dietitians will tailor the presentation to your company, group, or sports team’s requests. Basic nutrition, nutrition for weight loss, and preventative nutrition are among the more popular topics we cover in customized seminars.
Our registered dietitians offer advice and guidance on a range of topics, including:
- Reducing the risk of developing heart disease, some cancers, diabetes, strokes, and osteoporosis,
- Lowering high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol,
- Managing diabetes, osteoporosis, and other health conditions,
- Managing the symptoms of menopause,
- Reducing back pain, gout, gallstones, eczema, asthma, and disturbed sleep,
- Reducing the symptoms of Crohn’s disease, colitis, and irritable bowel syndrome,
- Eating a balanced vegetarian diet,
- Having a healthy pregnancy,
- Choosing the ideal diet for breast feeding,
- Making healthy food choices for the entire family,
- Increasing your energy levels,
- Adding muscle,
- Maximizing your workouts, and
- Managing your weight safely and effectively, whether you are under weight or over weight.
Appointments can be made at the Reception Desk or by calling 488-8023.
Package of 3, 1/2 hour
follow up sessions
Package of 3, 1/2 hour
follow up sessions
Meet Our Dietitians
Tenille Sonnichsen, RD
Tenille is a Registered Dietitian, specializing in weight loss, cardiac nutrition, and sports nutrition. Tenille earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Nutritional Sciences from the University of Manitoba and completed her Dietetic Internship with Capital Health at the Queen Elizabeth II Hospital in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Professionally, Tenille is a member of Dietitians of Canada and the College of Dietitians of Manitoba.
In her free time, Tenille enjoys playing volleyball, reading, scuba diving, playing the flute, painting, and spending time with her husband, son, and daughter.