Physiotherapy is a health care profession dedicated to the science of rehabilitation, providing treatment to clients of all ages, conditions, and abilities with a focus of promotion of overall health and wellness. Physiotherapy is used to restore and enhance functional ability and independence, improve strength, heal injuries and return to work, sport, recreation, or leisure pursuits. Physiotherapy also assists in the prevention of injury, disability, and the progression of chronic conditions.
What is a physiotherapist?
Physiotherapists are qualified primary health care providers and are regulated by a provincial licensing board, The College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM). Physiotherapists work with assessment and diagnostic tools to determine the cause of your injury, issue, or concern. Therapists provide you with individualized treatments, education, and exercise in order to improve, progress, and resolve dysfunctions of the body. Bodily dysfunction can occur due to muscle imbalance, decreased strength, mobility, car accidents, injuries, work place accidents, acute or chronic conditions, as well as many other health issues.
- Areas of Practice:
- Sport/Acute injuries (sprains, strains, etc.)
- Chronic injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Back Pain
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Exercise programming
- Aerobic conditioning
One on One Sessions for Members Only:
- First appointment
- Your initial assessment involves the physiotherapist performing a detailed assessment including a detailed history (medical, personal, and injury), and physical assessment. This allows your physiotherapist to diagnose the problem, provide education about your condition, and begin treatment should time permit. Schedule yourself for an hour for your initial assessment.
- Follow up appointments
- These appointments will consist of hands on treatment (manual therapy), exercise, and pain management techniques.
- Appointment times may vary depending on treatment techniques, and exercise programming. Hot packs, cold pack, massage, and acupuncture may be part of your therapeutic treatment, as well as range of motion and strengthening exercises. All treatment techniques will be explained and performed only with your consent.
- Manual therapy
- Muscle energy techniques
Purchasing Physiotherapy Services
Physiotherapy sessions are one hour
Book an appointment by stopping by the Reception Desk or calling 204-488-8023.
- Exercise is medicine: All physiotherapy treatment plans will include a personalized exercise program.
- Client centered care: Our therapists personally design and implement appropriate exercise programs specific to you, your goals, and your rehabilitation plan. Client centered care focuses on your autonomy, input, goals, beliefs, and values. You and your therapist are a team.
- Client goals: Rehabilitation goals are one thing, but do you have other goals you’d like to achieve? Ask your physiotherapist about activity progression/regression, and referrals to programs that may help you achieve your other health & fitness goals.
- Health status: Your health is what is most important to us. We are here to give you the tools you need to manage your condition, activity, and healthy lifestyle, in a way that works best for you!
- We are Canada’s First Medical Fitness Facility.
- Reh-Fit hosts an inter professional environment with interaction between physicians, physiotherapists, massage therapists, nurses, kinesiologists, and dietitians who can help you achieve your ultimate rehabilitation goals.
- At Reh-Fit, you have access to our beautiful Centre with the latest in cardio, strength, and stretching machines to help complete your exercise portion of rehabilitation with quality and comfort.
- Our therapists are respectful, hardworking, and dedicated to helping you. You are our priority and we will work with you to attain your goals in a professional, fun, and healthy environment.