Ways to Give
Making a Gift
You can make your gift using the method of your choice:
- Donate online using the secure gift form.
- Download and complete a Reh-Fit gift form (PDF) and mail it to Reh-Fit Foundation, 1390 Taylor Ave., Winnipeg, MB., R3M 3V8, fax it to 204-488-4819, or email it to email@example.com
- In person, at the Reh-Fit Centre
- Call the Foundation office at 204-488-9325.
As a not-for-profit charitable organization, all gifts, irrespective of the size, have a significant impact on our ability to provide affordable programs and services. Annual donations ensure that the funding is available for continually improving programs, services, and our facility.
Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20 or more.
Monthly donations often make it easier for donations to be more generous. It also provides a reliable source of funding for the Reh-Fit.
A donation is a thoughtful way to honour friends and family by supporting a cause that is meaningful to them.
- Give a gift in honour of a friend or family member who is celebrating a milestone achievement.
- Give a gift as a tribute to the memory of a loved one, friend or colleague.
You can select a tribute gift online, by using our gift form (PDF) or by contacting our offices directly. We will send an acknowledgement on your behalf for gifts over $20 and will forward a receipt for tax purposes.
For more information about donations, tributes, and bequests call the Reh-Fit Foundation at 204-488-9325.
- Securities and Publicly traded stocks
The Canada Revenue Agency does not apply capital gains tax on donations of publicly traded securities. Capital gains are the increase in the value of your securities over the price you paid at purchase.
Wehn you sell your shares for cash, you’re responsible for the tax due on the gain, even if you plan to donate the proceeds from the sale. If you pay the tax out of these proceeds, there’s less money to donate. Your charity receives a smaller donation and you have a smaller donation to claim for your charitable tax credit at the end of the year.
But when you donate your securities directly, those capital gains aren’t subject to tax. This means your charity receives a larfer gift, and you’ll benefit from a tax receipt for the full value of your eligible securities or mutual funds.
- Matched donations through a “Matching Gifts Program”
Check with your Human Resources Department to see if your company offers this program. If so, they will match your donation to us as a current employee or retiree.
If you are considering leaving a bequest to the Reh-Fit in your will, we would appreciate hearing from you. The Reh-Fit Foundation Legacy Society provides an opportunity for us to acknowledge donors who make a commitment for a deferred gift. The Legacy Society helps us let others know about the impact of community support and how very important it is.
- life insurance, where the Reh-Fit Foundation is named as the beneficiary of a current policy or with a new policy that is purchased with the Reh-Fit Foundation named as owner and beneficiary
- cash or what is called “near cash”, where the source of funds may be from, for example, a GIC, a government bond, or proceeds from an RRSP or RRIF.
Sponsorship opportunities are available with the following events:
- Cocktails & Comedy
- Walk of Life & Health Fair
- Golf Tournament