We are not currently recruiting for any research studies.
The University of Manitoba is recruiting for the following study:
Researchers at the University of Manitoba want to know how participation in the community is affected by changes in weather and time of year for people who have had a stroke.
- Participants will be assessed in their home at two time, winter and summer. Each time, they will answer four questionnaires and do a quick walking test inside their home.
- Participants will be asked to wear an activity monitor for one week in the summer and one week in the winter to see how active they are.
- Participants may be asked to be part of a one hour interview in their home in winter and summer.
Researchers hope the information learned from this study will benefit other people with stroke in the future and tell us more about how weather affects people following a stroke. If you’re interested in being involved in the study, please contact research assistants Derek or Oyin at 204-787-8015.
The HAPPY Hearts study is recruiting for the following:
Heart disease is the number one killer of women, including those over the age of 55. We are looking for volunteers for a research study looking at the effectiveness of noninvasive testing for the early detection of cardiovascular disease.
• Women, age 55 or older
• No previous hospitalization for stroke or cardiac disease
• Eligibility will be determined over the phone, or in person if preferred
Once eligibility is determined, a study visit at St-Boniface Hospital will be scheduled that will
- Fasting blood test
- Completing a medical history
- Completing a series of questionnaires about lifestyle
- Completing a series of tests:
- Height, weight, and body composition
- Blood pressure after 3 minutes of exercise
- Measure of blood vessel function
- 6 minute walking test
Please contact us at (204) 235-3589 or email@example.com