At Reh-Fit, we believe there is much more to health than just getting fit.
We offer a variety of personalized services to help improve your overall health and wellness. Our professional staff provide one-on-one care tailored to your specific needs.
Our assessments give you an awareness and understanding of the factors that have an impact on your health and how to control them. Our skilled team is here to help you achieve success. Whether you have been at the Centre for a week, a month, or a year, we encourage you to take advantage of our assessment services to receive an overall view of your health and fitness.
- Balance Assessment – One in three Canadians over the age of 65 years fall at least once per year. Falling is not a normal part of aging and most falls can be prevented. This one-hour assessment includes a balance assessment, education, and exercises to help improve your balance.
- Functional Movement Screen – The FMS is a graded system that documents movement patterns that are key to normal function. The FMS identifies functional limitations and asymmetries by taking you through a series of movements. Based on your results you will be provided with specific corrective exercises to restore your body’s natural balance.
- Health and Fitness Assessment – The health and fitness assessment provides you with a comprehensive look at your overall health status. The results of your assessment serve as the basis for developing your fitness program. Track your progress and document your achievements through an annual assessment. To book an assessment, stop by the Reception Desk or call 204-488-8023.
“It was like something I’d expect to get at the Mayo Clinic – didn’t realize it would be so comprehensive.” – Jeanie
- InBody Analysis – Understanding your muscle and body fat analysis and measurements will get your fitness program off to a good start. With the InBody assessment, you will receive a thorough report and explanation of your results, including lean body mass, body fat mass, body weight, blood pressure, and basal metabolic rate. The InBody machine will suggest how much muscle and fat you should gain or lose to achieve your ideal body composition.
- Postural Analysis – Posture is the foundation to all movements. An ideal neutral pose is perfectly aligned and balanced. Age, poor posture, stress, and bad habits can cause you to lose this ideal alignment which may cause headaches, joint pain, muscle pain, headaches, and unnecessary stress. This one hour postural analysis includes analysis, education, and corrective exercises.
A foot care nurse can help reduce heavy calluses, corns, and trim deformed or thickened nails. The nurse also assess feet and lower limb for circulation, sensation, swelling, and assesses for the potential risk of ulcer development and falls. A large part of a nurse’s job involves client education and monthly to bimonthly follow up. Most extended health care insurance plans cover foot care.
Effective September 1, 2018, it is Reh-Fit policy that every client booking foot care must have a credit card on file. This service is expected to be paid in advance of your appointment. In the event that it remains unpaid 48 hours after your appointment, Reh-Fit will charge the credit card for the balance owing.
We require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice for any cancellations. Your credit card will be charged a fee of $50.00 (plus GST) if you provide less than 24 hours’ notice or miss your appointment.