We’ve all been through a great deal of change this past year. Getting started with yet another new habit – like exercising at home – can feel a bit overwhelming. The good news is we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Whether you’re brand new to home workouts or you’re just looking to reinvigorate your current routine, we’re here to walk you through a few tips to get set up for lasting success.
1. Make it a Date (and Time)
Just like attending the Reh-Fit in person, setting specific days and times to get physically active is a great place to start. For example, if you’re accustomed to visiting the Centres on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, you might consider keeping up that same routine at home. If you typically attend specific classes on those days, you're in luck — you’ll notice our online class schedule is nearly identical to our schedule at the Centre. But we’ll get to that in a minute.
2. Set Up Your Space
For every home workout, the most important thing you need is some clear floor space. This could mean designating space in a home office or simply moving the coffee table to the side of your living room. If you prefer to exercise on a hard surface, the kitchen could also be a great option! You'll also want either an exercise mat or a towel for any exercises performed on the floor. At the beginning of each class your instructor will let you know what equipment you'll need along, with options for household items that can be used as a substitution. You can press pause on the class to gather what you need and press play to restart.
3. Get Connected With Ease
Reh-Fit Anywhere has been designed to be accessible and as easy to use as possible. Our secure, private, members-only page on the Reh-Fit website can be accessed on your phone, tablet, or computer – no additional downloads or technology are required. Simply browse to www.reh-fit.com/anywhere and type in the members-only login and password provided to you by email. Please note the passwords are updated periodically. If you misplaced the password or are you’re experiencing difficulty logging in, give us a call at 204-488-8023 and we will support you over the phone.
4. Choose Your Workout
Once you’ve logged into Reh-Fit Anywhere, you’ll have immediate access to our entire library of group fitness classes, seminars, education sessions, short training videos, and more:
- Live classes: These are classes that are taught live in real time by Reh-Fit instructors right here at the Centre. You can join in and know that you are moving right alongside your fellow members! The schedule of live classes for the upcoming the week appear at the top of the Reh-Fit Anywhere page. If you’re a few minutes late to the live class – there’s no need to worry. You are welcome to join in at any time.
- Replay classes: If you prefer to exercise at a different time of day, the replay of all live classes are available for seven days after the initial stream. That means you can access a 12:00 pm class at any time later that day or later that week. If you loved a particular session, you can return to it to work out a second (or third!) time.
- Prerecorded classes: Continue scrolling down the page to find the entire library of classes from the Reh-Fit instructors you know and trust. You can play these classes at any day or time, as often as you like.
- Fitness Focus: Fitness Focus is our new virtual series where you can tune in for advice, how to's, and a quick 15-minute workout. In every session you can expect a little bit of education, detailed explanation, and practical tips you can take away. These will appear in the weekly calendar for live viewing and can be replayed anytime later in the week.
- Registered programs: Don’t forget that registered programslike Mat Pilates, Precision Stretch, and Gentle Yoga are continuing through building closure. You can sign up for any of these specialty offerings via your member account or by giving us a call at the Centre. Please note access to these programs is sent directly to registered participants.
Not sure what class is right for you? We’re here to help! You can give us a call at 204-488-8023 or book a coaching session to find out what types of classes are the best fit for you.
5. Create a Ritual
When coming to the Reh-Fit, you might be used to visiting at a certain time of day, unwinding in the sauna, and then grabbing a coffee to catch up with friends after your workout. Think about ways you can build in those same rituals at home. This might be taking a hot shower after your workout and meeting up with friends for a virtual coffee time after class. We love hearing stories of Reh-Fit members finding ways to move and connect event while at a distance!
Looking for more support getting connected to Reh-Fit Anywhere? We’re here to help! Give us a call at the Reception Desk 204-488-8023 and we’ll help you out.