The Reh-Fit Centre is a medical fitness facility that is home to 3,000 members located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Reh-Fit Centre is interested in partnering with an individual or established restaurant to operate the Café space and offer a creative, health conscious, delicious menu of fresh meals, smoothies, savory and sweet snacks while catering to a variety of dietary needs (gluten free, vegan, vegetarian etc.).
In this unique and exciting opportunity, many of the traditional barriers to entry faced by food entrepreneurs have been eliminated. The Reh-Fit Centre Café boasts a fully functioning commercial kitchen space, equipment and seating area. The Reh-Fit will provide utilities, exhaust, grease trap cleaning, equipment R&M, internet, and POS system. The chef will be responsible for hiring their own staff and have creative freedom with the menu within the parameters of the Reh-Fit Centre’s minimum requirements (as noted below).
As a not-for-profit organization, Reh-Fit will work collaboratively with the chef to establish a fair rent recovery model.
The Reh-Fit Centre also has an outdoor patio space and a teaching kitchen that can be made available to offer culinary teaching classes to members and may be used as additional kitchen space.
- High quality, fresh, health conscious offerings with an emphasis on local ingredients with the ability to cater to vegan, vegetarian, gluten free dietary requirements.\
- Hours of operation need to continuously be aligned with facility hours in order to accommodate member demand.
- The Café must strive to be environmentally conscious by using biodegradable containers, cups, straws and cutlery for serving as much as possible.
- Menu price points must remain within an affordable range for the membership.
- Hire and manage a Café team that is focused on delivering high levels of customer service.
Please address the requirements above by submitting a business plan, no longer than five pages in length that includes the following:
- Explanation of vision, concept, and values
- Sample menu
- Operational plan
Both individuals and established restaurants seeking to create a satellite site are encouraged to apply.
Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.