From the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have continued to cautiously monitor the progression of the virus and take proper precautionary measures following the advice of Canada’s public health authorities. We’ve followed their recommendations and have implemented numerous changes in our Centre.
The health and safety of our clients is and always will be our top priority. It is because of this we have come to the difficult but important decision to temporarily close the Reh-Fit Centre until further notice, effective March 17, 2020.
All membership payments will be suspended and annual memberships will have their expiry date extended accordingly. This closure will result in the immediate postponement of all programs, services and rentals at our facility until further notice. We are asking for everyone’s patience and understanding, as we continue to assess the impact of this situation through these uncertain times. All ongoing programs, memberships and services paid are being placed on hold for everyone as of March 17, 2020. As the situation progresses, we will be providing more details in terms of next steps as more information comes known.
What’s next? Our doors might be closed but the Reh-Fit community continues!
We are banding together to keep serving our community in this stressful time.
Here’s what we’re doing to support you, and what we can do, together:
1. Stay active, at home.
Although the Centre will be closed, exercise is essential to both your physical and mental well-being. We still recommend you move your body during the day. Exercise helps boost your immune system, relieve stress, and enhances your metabolic health. We’re working on a way to bring fitness to you in the comfort of your home, stay tuned!
2. Connect with fellow members.
Visiting the Reh-Fit is an important social outing for many of our members. At this time, take a moment to call or email friends and family to stay connected.
3. Connect with us on social media.
Now is the time to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. If you don’t have social media accounts, we encourage you to take the leap. Our team is excited to continue connecting with our members as a way to stay positive through this difficult time. Talk to us and others in the comments section. We will also continue to communicate with you via email.
Thank you for your continued support and engagement. We will continue to update you as more information becomes available.
March 15, 2020
Thank you for your patience as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve.
We have received calls and messages from members concerned about the Centre remaining open. I thank you for your attention and ongoing engagement. We continue to follow directives from the public health authorities – which have not recommended closure at this time – and focusing primarily on measures to promote social distancing.
Please note the following changes that may affect your visit to the Reh-Fit Centre as of Monday, March 16:
- Visiting the Reh-Fit: The Centre will remain open until further notice. We ask that all those visiting be vigilant in exercising social distancing:
- Please maintain a personal distance of 2 metres (6 feet) as recommended by public health authorities.
- Use of treadmills and other machines have been staggered to comply with the recommended distance of 2 metres (6 feet) between machines.
- Classroom Sessions: As of Monday, March 16, classroom sessions such as cardiac rehab have been cancelled. We will update impacted participants in the coming days.
- Equipment: We will be removing any equipment that cannot be sanitized including bolsters, and other soft items. Anything that cannot be wiped down will be removed. Instructors will be enforcing wiping of mats and other equipment.
- Group Fitness Classes: Classes and/or maximum participants may be reduced to enable social distancing between participants. We will update impacted participants in the coming days.
- Programs and Booked Appointments: Programs and booked appointments will continue as scheduled at this time. However, you can may contact us to reschedule or cancel your appointment at no charge provided you give 24 hours’ notice. Reasons to cancel your appointment include feeling unwell and/or returning from recent travel.
- Saunas and Steam Rooms: Use of saunas and steam rooms has been suspended for the time being.
- Membership: We have temporarily revised our medical extension policy in the short term to support our members in their health and well-being. Members who are compromised or at high risk may put their membership on hold at no charge for a maximum of four weeks at this time. Please contact Membership Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-488-8023 or Director of Membership and Marketing at email@example.com or 204-488-5857 for more information.
We are continuing to monitor direction we are receiving from public health authorities.
Please know that whether you wish to visit the Centre to stay active – or stay home during this time – we are here to support you. Please refer to the resources below for further information on what we are doing to minimize the risk of spread, and what you can do.
March 13, 2020
We’re checking in with all our Reh-Fit Members to provide an update regarding our response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
We would like to reinforce that the safety and well-being of our members and clients is our highest priority.
Please take note of the following updates that may affect your visit to the Reh-Fit Centre:
- Visiting the Reh-Fit Centre: At this time, the Centre will remain open to our members. Exercise is an important way to keep your immune system strong and relieve stress. There are reasons to not visit the Centre, including feeling unwell, belonging to populations at higher risk for complications from COVID-19, or if you have been advised by your health care provider to take extra precautions. This may mean staying at home.
- Programs and Booked Appointments: Registered programs and booked appointments will continue as scheduled at this time. However, you can may contact us at 204-488-8023 to reschedule or cancel your appointment at no charge with 24 hours’ notice. Reasons to cancel your appointment include feeling unwell and/or returning from recent travel.
- Membership:If you have any concerns regarding your membership, please contact Chelsea Thomson, Director of Membership and Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-488-5857 for more information.
It is our goal to support our members in every way that we can during what can be a stressful time. Please know that whether you wish to visit the Centre to stay active – or stay home during this time – we are here to support you. Please refer to the resources below for further information on what we are doing to minimize the risk of spread, and what you can do.
If you have been travelling within the last few weeks and/or are feeling unwell, please contact Health Links 204-788-8200 for further instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for the update. What’s next?
At this time, Manitoba Health indicates our risk of infection is low, but has guidelines in place for prevention, care, or self-isolation for those who have traveled to places of high risk or have been exposed. Please follow the recommendations provided by Manitoba Health: www.gov.mb.ca/health/coronavirus.
We are continuing to modify our policies and directives in response to the guidelines announced by the Province of Manitoba in order to ensure that we taking the necessary steps to ensure for the health and safety of everyone at the Centre. The Reh-Fit Centre is continuing our work with public health authorities to provide clarity around the delivery of our services and programs.
Who should visit the Centre, and who should stay home?
The latest outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has a lot of people asking themselves: should I keep going to the gym? Members that are feeling well and wishing to stay active are most welcome to visit the Reh-Fit Centre during this time. Those that should refrain from visiting the Centre include members or users that:
• Are feeling unwell;
• Have returned from recent travel;
• Belong to a population group such as those at higher risk of complications from COVID-19, and/or
• Have been advised by your health care provider to take extra precautions.
What should I do if I feel unwell?
If you are feeling unwell, please contact Health Links 204-788-8200 for further instructions.
What should I do if I have been travelling?
If you have been travelling within the last few weeks, please contact Health Links 204-788-8200 for further instructions.
What is the Reh-Fit doing to maintain cleanliness and mitigate the spread of COVID-19?
Cleanliness is a top priority at Reh-Fit every day and we strive to maintain a healthy and clean environment year round. In response to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) we are taking extra precautions at this time.
• Increasing cleaning protocols to include more frequent wiping and disinfecting of touch-points such as door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, restroom stall doors, and sinks;
• Engaging in proactive procurement of necessary cleaning, disinfectant, and health-related supplies and materials;
• Reminding clients that all equipment and mats are to be wiped between use;
• Reinforcing standard employee health practices, and
• Taking our direction from global, federal, and local health officials like World Health Organization and Public Health Agency of Canada, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and adjusting protocols when necessary.
At the Reh-Fit, we will continue to keep the cleanliness and sanitation of our facility as a top priority so that our members, guests, and employees have a safe and healthy environment to exercise, relax, and enjoy their lives.
What can I do as a member to mitigate the spread of COVID-19?
Please continue to take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs:
• Wash your hands frequently, for 20-30 seconds at a time. Soap and water are best. If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes. Germs spread this way.
• Cough/sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and discard immediately, then wash your hands.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Consider bumping elbows or waving instead of shaking hands or hugging.
• If you are feeling unwell, stay home so as not to expose others to potential illness.
• Maintain a healthy lifestyle by continuing to exercise, eating nutritiously, staying hydrated, and getting adequate rest and sleep.
When can we expect to hear more?
We will continue to keep you informed and modify our policies as required in the best interests of the health and safety of the Reh-Fit community.