Restore Your Health Programs
From disease prevention to management programs, choose from a variety of programs to help you self-manage your condition. Financial assistance may be provided based on individual need and availability of funds. Please register early as instructors require time to assess individual participants and make program adjustments based on personal needs.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: If you have recurrent angina, arrhythmias, recently suffered a heart attack, or undergone heart surgery or coronary angioplasty, cardiac rehabilitation can help. These programs will help you to understand and reduce your risk factors for heart disease, provide you with the information to eat healthier, identify ways to reduce stress and anxiety related to rehabilitation, and help you to build a healthier lifestyle. Cardiac Rehabilitation information sessions are held weekly on Thursdays at 2:00 pm and every other Friday at 5:30 pm. Register for an information session by phoning 204-488-8023.
- Healthy Partners: If you are looking to participate in the Cardiac Rehabilitation program with your spouse/partner, join the Healthy Partners program.
- Fit 4 U: This eight-week activity series is designed to build confidence and skills for activities you can do at home for chronic disease management. So grab your water bottle, wear comfortable clothes, and athletic shoes as we will be moving. For more information and to register, please contact Aimee Bowcott at 204-794-5989.
- Happy Back: Do you have chronic back pain (more than three months) that just never seems to go away? This eight-week program will discuss the science regarding chronic lower back pain and will teach you exercises you can do to manage your condition. Participants must be comfortable transferring to and from the floor.
- Improve Your Balance and Mobility: Falls Prevention: Did you know that 1 in 3 people over the age of 65 and living independently fall each year? This program is targeted toward those individuals looking to improve their balance and prevent falls.
- Lean, Kean, Kidney Machine: This physical activity and lifestyle awareness program offers exercise and education for people with all stages of chronic kidney disease. Meet once weekly for education and exercise session. For more information and to register call Krista Stewart
- Minds in Motion: The Minds in Motion® program combines physical activity, socialization and mental stimulation for people living with early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s disease, or other dementias, to enjoy with a family or community care partner.
- Moving Forward After Cancer: Participants will learn ways to address common post treatment stressors and health concerns, as well as how to foster healthy eating and exercise lifestyles as they transition back to life beyond cancer. The Reh-Fit Centre is offering the Moving Forward After Cancer Wellness program in partnership with CancerCare Manitoba with the support of the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation. For more information and to register call CancerCare Manitoba Patient & Family Support Services at 204-787-2109.
- Pathway to Fitness: Exercise for Stroke and Other Neurological Conditions: Improve your quality of life through an exercise program designed to work with the challenges of neurological conditions. You will receive an individualized assessment to track your improvements. You are able to bring a support person to assist you throughout the program. Those in wheelchairs must be able to transfer independently or they must be accompanied by a support person that can fully transfer. Click here to print out the referral form.
- Post-Op Knee Rehabilitation Program: This program will help you maximize your range of motion and regain strength through a combination of exercise and physiotherapy. Click here for more information about our Post-Op Knee Rehabilitation Program.
- Stronger Hip and Knees: Are your daily activities are being limited by hip or knee pain, or are you scheduled for a hip/knee replacement, or have you undergone a total hip/knee replacement? This class will take participants through a series of strengthening exercises, specifically targeted at making your hip and knees stronger. This class will include a cardiovascular component and weight training exercises in our fitness area to help get you comfortable with new forms of resistance training.