Our programs are a great way to improve overall fitness level and mental state with a low impact form of exercise that can drastically improve your strength and flexibility.
One Time Mind/Body Sessions
INTRO TO SUN SALUTATIONS
Saturday, May 4, 2019
1:30 – 4:00 pm
Surya Namaskar is for everyone! Explore and learn the basic Sun Salutation Sequence A in this workshop. Modifications will be provided. The flow of postures will be gentle with a focus on proper alignment. Beginner
level, no previous yoga experience required.
SURYA NAMASKAR CONTINUING
Saturday, June 1, 2019
1:30 – 4:00 pm
Finding proper alignment in the postures in Surya Namaskar will make your flow practice stronger and safer while providing more endurance. It may also lead to some liberation as you find new ways to open the body, breath and imagination. Sun Salutation sequences A and B will be explored. Yoga experience required.
Registered Mind/Body Programs:
- Gentle Yoga: A focus on body awareness, proper posture, correct breathing, improving balance, flexibility, and a range of motion. All poses can be done from a chair.
- Soft Flow: Sweet and simple soft flow. Explore breath and movement at a slow pace. Emphasis on long soft stretching and gentle whole body opening.
- Tai Chi Foundations: Develop your balance of body and mind with traditional Tai Chi including qigong, agility, and 7-form training. This class is a mix of low to moderate intensity exercise with relaxation and focused intention at the root of all activities.
- Qigong: Therapeutic QiGong is slow-paced and impact-free. Designed by a trauma specialist to help people heal themselves, this program will teach pain relief, improve balance, stimulate energy flow, and boost mental focus.
- Mindfulness Meditation: A 45-minute instructor-guided meditation practice. Learn to tap into each moment in life and meet it with calmness.