Your Safety is Our Priority
Reh-Fit was established as a safe and welcoming environment. We are committed to offering the safest and smoothest process for navigating physical distancing and increased cleaning and disinfecting schedules.
Non-medical masks are required at Reh-Fit Centre, effective Monday, August 31.
Heightened Cleaning and Disinfecting
We’ve always been dedicated to the cleanliness of our facilities and the health and safety of our community. Now, we’re taking this commitment to an even higher level with The Reh-Fit Standard of Elevated Cleanliness and Disinfecting.
- Exceeding Government Regulations: As a certified medical fitness facility, our standards have been designed to meet and exceed government regulations in our sector, including screening, wait room management strategies, and physical distancing measures.
- Heightened Disinfecting: Heightened deep-cleaning procedures with top-grade disinfectant and introduction of the Clorox® Total 360™ System, an electrostatic disinfectant used after cleaning.
- All-Day Cleaning: In addition to dedicated cleaning staff, all staff are responsible for continuous cleaning and disinfecting of touch points during operating hours.
- Enhanced Hand Sanitization: Stands with hand sanitizer are available throughout the facility.
- Space and Circulation: Over 81,000 square feet with excellent indoor air quality and circulation.
- Strict Enforcement: We need your help to keep everyone safe. Anyone not adhering to physical distancing or facility hygiene guidelines will not be allowed to continue using the Centre.
Further, we have designed individualized plans for how we will clean and sanitize each area of the Reh-Fit Centre, including the locker rooms, Heart Rock Café, and fitness studios. Amenities, scheduling, and processes have been designed to offer members, clients, and staff the safest environment possible.
Planning for a Safe Visit
Before You Arrive
- Self-Screen: If you feel unwell, please postpone your visit. You can use the self-screening tool available from Shared Health.
- Plan Ahead: You may visit the Centre for 90 minutes, so please plan accordingly. We are operating at 50% capacity. Pre-booking for visiting the Centre is not required at this time; if capacity does approach 50% we will adjust accordingly.
- Arrive Prepared: Be mindful that locker rooms will be open but only ⅓ lockers will be in use. Members are encouraged to change beforehand and bring as few personal items as possible.
- Non-medical masks are required at Reh-Fit Centre, effective Monday, August 31. We ask that you bring your own mask. Cloth and other non-medical masks are acceptable and are readily available for purchase at many local retailers and online.
When You Arrive
- Non-medical masks are required at Reh-Fit Centre, effective Monday, August 31.
- Non-medical face masks will be mandatory while entering and exiting the Centre and in the changing areas of the locker rooms, reception areas, and other common areas.
- Masks are not required while actively exercising.
- All members will be asked a set of screening questions before entering the Centre.
- Members will proceed with touchless check in. This allows us to track numbers in the building.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms will be asked to leave immediately and call Health Links (204-788-8200).
- Locker rooms are open following physical distancing guidelines. Some lockers will be taken out of service to maintain physical distancing. Select a locker that is physically distant from other members. If a member is using a locker near yours, wait for them to finish before approaching your locker. Members are encouraged to change beforehand and bring as few personal items as possible.Members are asked to use wipes on handles and keys after use. Express lockers are also available on the main floor and in the Café area.
During Your Visit
- Please maintain a safe physical distance from others throughout the Centre and allow for more space while exercising.
- Please be mindful of identified floor markers.
- Please use provided wipes to clean equipment after each use.
- Wash your hands regularly and take advantage of the additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the Centre.
- Non-medical masks are now required except while actively exercising, effective Monday August 31, 2020. This means that a mask must be worn at all times, in the Centre (except while actively exercising) including when entering and exiting the facility and while in the locker room. This does not include when behind a private enclosure such as a shower or bathroom stall and when drinking or eating.
Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols
For the enhanced safety of our community, non-medical masks are now required except while actively exercising, effective Monday, August 31, 2020. This means that a mask must be worn at all times, in the Centre (except while actively exercising) including when entering and exiting the facility and while in the locker room. This does not include when behind a private enclosure such as a shower or bathroom stall and when drinking or eating.
Wearing a mask in public is proven to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Thank you in advance for your support and adherence to this policy. This added safety precaution also helps us to remain open to serve you and keep you healthy and active.
Are members and program participants required to wear masks at all times?
Masks are required except while actively exercising.
You are required to wear a mask:
- When entering and exiting the facility
- In the locker room
- During appointments and assessments (coaching sessions, physiotherapy, massage therapy, athletic therapy, foot care, etc.)
You do not need to wear a mask:
- While actively exercising on the cardio machines
- Walking or running on the track
- During a group fitness class
- In the showers
- While eating or drinking
Those determined on a case-by case basis may be exempt for medical reasons (e.g., severe C.O.P.D, breathing or cognitive difficulties, or a disability that prevents them from safely wearing a mask). Individuals who are unable to put on or remove a mask without the assistance of another person are similarly exempted. These individuals must maintain physical distancing at all times.
Will Reh-Fit be providing masks?
We ask that you bring your own mask. Cloth and other non-medical masks are acceptable and are readily available for purchase at many local retailers and online.
Can I wear a mask while I exercise if I want to? Do you have any information about how to exercise with a mask?
While wearing a mask during exercise isn’t for everyone, we understand it might make some feel more comfortable. If you choose to wear a mask during your workout, here are a few tips for getting use to mask wearing:
- Take it slow and allow time to adjust.
- Allow for frequent active rest when exercising. For example, if you’re jogging, decrease your speed to a fast walk periodically to catch your breath. Once you catch your breath, you can speed back up again.
- Use shorter time intervals for your work-to-rest ratio.
- Plan for frequent breaks in your routine.
What are the best practices for mask wearing?
Knowing the appropriate ways to wear, take off, clean, and store face masks are critical. Using face masks incorrectly may hamper its effectiveness in reducing the risk of virus transmission.
Using a fabric mask:
- Clean your hands before putting on the mask.
- Inspect the mask for tears or holes, do not use a mask that is damaged.
- Adjust the mask to cover your mouth, nose, and chin, leaving no gaps on the sides.
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it.
- Change your mask if it gets dirty or wet.
- Clean your hands before taking off the mask.
- Take off the mask by removing it from the ear loops, without touching the front of the mask.
- Clean your hands after removing the mask.
Caring for a fabric mask:
- Wash fabric masks in soap or detergent and preferably hot water (at least 60 degrees) at least once a day.
- Make sure you have your own mask and do not share it with others.
Source: World Health Organization
Does wearing a mask mean I can relax other measures such as physical distancing?
Remember, the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to provide an adequate level of protection. Maintain a minimum physical distance of at least two meters from others and frequently wash your hands.
We appreciate your understanding as we make these changes, and look forward to working with you to create an environment that delivers on our three promises of excellence: care, community, and cleanliness.
On behalf of the entire team at the Reh-Fit Centre, we’d like to take a moment to express our gratitude for your loyalty and support.