Starting Wednesday, April 28, fitness centres will be required to ensure three metres (nine feet) of physical distancing between patrons. Here’s what this means for you:
- Group classes: No changes at this time. The floor markers are already spaced in excess of three metres apart (currently 12 feet) and have been since we reopened last summer.
- Equipment: Certain pieces of equipment will be moved and/or temporarily taken out of service to allow for a physical distance of three metres.
- Track: Lanes have been reduced to allow for adequate physical distance between those walking and/or running.
- Locker Rooms: Will remain open. All members are required to stay three metres apart. We encourage you to come changed ready for exercise if you are able to, to reduce congestion in the locker rooms.
Please remember, it is your responsibility to ensure you are maintain a safe physical distance from others.
Please note: Masks must be worn at all times, covering both the mouth and nose. Members not complying with the rules may be asked to leave the facility.
Heightened Cleaning and Disinfecting
Reh-Fit was established as a safe and welcoming environment. We are committed to offering the safest and smoothest process for navigating physical distancing and increased cleaning and disinfecting schedules.
We’ve always been dedicated to the cleanliness of our facilities and the health and safety of our community. Now, we’re taking this commitment to an even higher level with The Reh-Fit Standard of Elevated Cleanliness and Disinfecting.
- Exceeding Government Regulations: As a certified medical fitness facility, our standards have been designed to meet and exceed government regulations in our sector, including screening, wait room management strategies, and physical distancing measures.
- Heightened Disinfecting: Heightened deep-cleaning procedures with top-grade disinfectant and introduction of the Clorox® Total 360™ System, an electrostatic disinfectant used after cleaning.
- All-Day Cleaning: In addition to dedicated cleaning staff, all staff are responsible for continuous cleaning and disinfecting of touch points during operating hours.
- Enhanced Hand Sanitization: Stands with hand sanitizer are available throughout the facility.
- Space and Circulation: Over 81,000 square feet with excellent indoor air quality and circulation.
- Strict Enforcement: We need your help to keep everyone safe. Anyone not adhering to physical distancing or facility hygiene guidelines will not be allowed to continue using the Centre.
Further, we have designed individualized plans for how we will clean and sanitize each area of the Reh-Fit Centre, including the locker rooms, Heart Rock Café, and fitness studios. Amenities, scheduling, and processes have been designed to offer members, clients, and staff the safest environment possible.
Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols
As a certified medical fitness facility, we’re always seeking out new and innovative ways to keep you safe. Equipment dividers have been placed between the machines to maintain safety. The new dividers enable us to open up all the cardio equipment to serve you better, and are just one part of our ongoing commitment to enhanced safety and comfort to our community.
Planning for a Safe Visit
Before You Arrive
- Self-Screen: If you feel unwell, please postpone your visit. You can use the self-screening tool available from Shared Health.
- Plan Ahead: You may visit the Centre for 90 minutes, so please plan accordingly. Pre-booking for visiting the Centre is not required at this time. Please note attendance is highest on Mondays and Wednesdays and peak times fall between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm daily.
- Arrive Prepared: Non-medical masks are required at Reh-Fit Centre.
When You Arrive
- Non-medical face masks are required at Reh-Fit Centre.
- All members will be asked a set of screening questions before entering the Centre.
- Members will proceed with touchless check in. This allows us to track numbers in the building.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms will be asked to leave immediately and call Health Links (204-788-8200).
- Locker rooms are open following physical distancing guidelines. Some lockers are out of service to maintain physical distancing. Select a locker that is physically distant from other members. If a member is using a locker near yours, wait for them to finish before approaching your locker. Members are encouraged to change beforehand and bring as few personal items as possible. Members are asked to use wipes on handles and keys after use. Express lockers are also available on the main floor and in the Café area.
During Your Visit
- Please maintain a safe physical distance from others throughout the Centre and allow for more space while exercising.
- Please be mindful of identified floor markers.
- Please use provided wipes to clean equipment after each use.
- Wash your hands regularly and take advantage of the additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the Centre.
- Non-medical face masks are required even while actively exercising.
We appreciate your understanding as we make these changes, and look forward to working with you to create an environment that delivers on our three promises of excellence: care, community, and cleanliness.
On behalf of the entire team at the Reh-Fit Centre, we’d like to take a moment to express our gratitude for your loyalty and support.