Temporary Building Closure Effective November 12, 2020
As per the latest provincial health order issued by the Province on Tuesday, November 10, the Reh-Fit Centre will be temporarily closed effective at 9:00 pm Wednesday, November 11.
We are ready to support you and your well-being in every way we can. We have been working hard these past few months to extend our offerings and continue to serve you in the event of a closure. Our integrated services are here to support you over the coming weeks:
- Live Classes: a full schedule of live fitness classes with the instructors you know and love delivered online;
- Pre-recorded Classes: exclusive access to our entire library of 150+ exercise videos;
- Group Training Program: access to virtual training sessions with our fitness professionals in a group setting;
- Coaching and Exercise Plans: all members will be provided a dedicated fitness professional to support you with regular check-ins and to help you build an at-home exercise routine;
- Virtual Education Sessions: all members will have access to weekly education sessions that help you stay healthy and informed on a variety of topics including Coping with COVID-19, Importance of Maintaining a Regular Fitness Routine, and Dressing Appropriately for Activity Outdoors.
- Personalized Services: massage therapy, physiotherapy, athletic therapy, nutrition counselling, and foot care will continue here at the Centre. Physiotherapy and nutrition counselling will also be available virtually;
- Registered Programs: Yoga, Precision Stretch, and mindfulness workshop will continue and be delivered virtually;
- Please note: Team Training and Pilates will be paused temporarily.
- The November 20 flu clinic is cancelled.
- Personal Training: personal training will continue to be delivered virtually;
- Exercise Equipment: we are preparing an at-home equipment package that includes tubing and resistance bands that can be purchased and available for curbside pickup.
*Our extended services will only be available to active, paying members beginning Thursday, November 12. All active members will receive a password to our digital library Friday, November 13 at 10 am.
This continues to be a difficult time for everyone. Thank you for your continued support and engagement during these challenging times. We need you now more than ever to ensure the future of the Reh-Fit.
It is our goal to support you during this time and reopen as soon as it is safe to do so. Please continue to visit our website for updates and resources.
Heightened Cleaning and Disinfecting
Reh-Fit was established as a safe and welcoming environment. We are committed to offering the safest and smoothest process for navigating physical distancing and increased cleaning and disinfecting schedules.
We’ve always been dedicated to the cleanliness of our facilities and the health and safety of our community. Now, we’re taking this commitment to an even higher level with The Reh-Fit Standard of Elevated Cleanliness and Disinfecting.
- Exceeding Government Regulations: As a certified medical fitness facility, our standards have been designed to meet and exceed government regulations in our sector, including screening, wait room management strategies, and physical distancing measures.
- Heightened Disinfecting: Heightened deep-cleaning procedures with top-grade disinfectant and introduction of the Clorox® Total 360™ System, an electrostatic disinfectant used after cleaning.
- All-Day Cleaning: In addition to dedicated cleaning staff, all staff are responsible for continuous cleaning and disinfecting of touch points during operating hours.
- Enhanced Hand Sanitization: Stands with hand sanitizer are available throughout the facility.
- Space and Circulation: Over 81,000 square feet with excellent indoor air quality and circulation.
- Strict Enforcement: We need your help to keep everyone safe. Anyone not adhering to physical distancing or facility hygiene guidelines will not be allowed to continue using the Centre.
Further, we have designed individualized plans for how we will clean and sanitize each area of the Reh-Fit Centre, including the locker rooms, Heart Rock Café, and fitness studios. Amenities, scheduling, and processes have been designed to offer members, clients, and staff the safest environment possible.
Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols
As per the latest provincial health order issued by Manitoba's public health officials on Friday, October 30, there will be further restrictions for fitness centres effective Monday, November 2:
- Capacity: The Province has indicated capacity in fitness centres will be reduced to 25%. At this time, we don't anticipate changes that will impact your ability to access the Centre. We will ensure we do not exceed capacity restrictions.
- Masks: Masks will be mandatory at all times, even while exercising.
- Heart Rock Café: The Café will be closed until further notice.
As a certified medical fitness facility, we’re always seeking out new and innovative ways to keep you safe. Equipment dividers have been placed between the machines to maintain safety. The new dividers enable us to open up all the cardio equipment to serve you better, and are just one part of our ongoing commitment to enhanced safety and comfort to our community.
Planning for a Safe Visit
Before You Arrive
- Self-Screen: If you feel unwell, please postpone your visit. You can use the self-screening tool available from Shared Health.
- Plan Ahead: You may visit the Centre for 90 minutes, so please plan accordingly. Pre-booking for visiting the Centre is not required at this time. Please note attendance is highest on Mondays and Wednesdays and peak times fall between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm daily.
- Arrive Prepared: Be mindful that locker rooms will be open but only ⅓ lockers will be in use. Members are encouraged to change beforehand and bring as few personal items as possible.
- Non-medical masks are required at Reh-Fit Centre. We ask that you bring your own mask. Cloth and other non-medical masks are acceptable and are readily available for purchase at many local retailers and online.
When You Arrive
- Non-medical masks are required at Reh-Fit Centre.
- All members will be asked a set of screening questions before entering the Centre.
- Members will proceed with touchless check in. This allows us to track numbers in the building.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms will be asked to leave immediately and call Health Links (204-788-8200).
- Locker rooms are open following physical distancing guidelines. Some lockers will be taken out of service to maintain physical distancing. Select a locker that is physically distant from other members. If a member is using a locker near yours, wait for them to finish before approaching your locker. Members are encouraged to change beforehand and bring as few personal items as possible.Members are asked to use wipes on handles and keys after use. Express lockers are also available on the main floor and in the Café area.
During Your Visit
- Please maintain a safe physical distance from others throughout the Centre and allow for more space while exercising.
- Please be mindful of identified floor markers.
- Please use provided wipes to clean equipment after each use.
- Wash your hands regularly and take advantage of the additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the Centre.
- Non-medical masks are now required even while actively exercising.
We appreciate your understanding as we make these changes, and look forward to working with you to create an environment that delivers on our three promises of excellence: care, community, and cleanliness.
On behalf of the entire team at the Reh-Fit Centre, we’d like to take a moment to express our gratitude for your loyalty and support.