Our thanks to everyone for a safe and successful first day back at the Centre. We have put together a guide that covers where to keep your outerwear, introduces new equipment, and more.
1. Storing Outerwear
While the locker room facilities are not available for changing, here is an overview of what you can expect:
- You can store your coats and boots on the hangers at the entrance of the locker rooms, or on additional coat racks located in the Café area.
- You can use the locker rooms to access the washrooms. Other washrooms in other parts of the Centre are also open and available for use.
- There are a limited number of express lockers on the second floor next to the Café you are welcome to use.
- The Mind/Body reception area has a place to hang your coat and leave boots if visiting for an appointment.
2. Classes & Registered Programs
In-person classes and group programs are not permitted at this time, but there are still plenty of options:
- You can participate in our full weekly schedule of virtual group fitness classes on Reh-Fit Anywhere. Access the weekly schedule here.
- You can participate in virtual registered programs from home such as Mat Pilates, Gentle Yoga, Precision Stretch, Classic Yoga, and Happy Hip and Knee. Access the schedule here.
3. Workout Resources
We’ve been hard at work creating new resources to help you get restarted with success:
- To help you with you individual workouts, Workout of the Week will continue to be posted on Reh-Fit Anywhere. In addition, you will be able to access daily workouts at the Centre – you’ll find them posted in the Functional Training Zone.
- We have added how-to videos on cardio and weight equipment to help you get familiar with new and existing equipment. Simply use your camera phone to scan the QR code and watch a quick instructional video so you can get started with confidence.
- Our staff are here to help you get restarted safely and effectively. If you are looking for additional support you can:
- Ask us! One of our health and fitness professionals are here to show you some exercises.
- Book your annual health and fitness assessment and one-on-one coaching session.
- Start working with a personal trainer. You can sign up for personal training through our online form.
- With no group classes, we encourage you to make use of the additional space offered by the hardwood floor in the Fitness Area for stretching, warm up, and other independent exercise.
4. New Equipment
We’re excited to introduce new equipment to you:
- Freemotion Genesis Dual Cable Cross Functional Trainer: This piece of equipment enhances strength by allowing you to perform movements that mimic activities in everyday life. Every muscle and plane of motion can be worked and challenged on this unique machine. The open design makes it wheelchair accessible and welcoming for all fitness levels. Add a bench or stability ball to create a truly customized workout to focus on abdominal work.
- NuStep Recumbent Cross Trainers: These recumbent cross trainers are designed with accessibility in mind. They are appropriate for a wide variety of users, including those who are living with mobility challenges, or rehabilitating after a joint replacement, surgery, cardiac event, or stroke.
These purchases were made possible thanks to the support of our donors and community funding received through the Province of Manitoba’s Building Sustainable Communities Program. Thank you!
As a certified medical fitness facility, we are dedicated to offering you the safest and smoothest process for exercising at our Centre. Your safety is our top priority.
Please continue to visit our website at reh-fit.com/safety for updates.